Access to Vaccines for Medicare Part D Beneficiaries: Today and in the Future
Capitol Hill Briefing
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
12:00 – 1:00 pm
Senate Russell 188
Lunch will be provided
To RSVP: email@example.com
Immunizations are important for young people but are becoming increasingly important for older adults too. Come learn about how immunizations enable older adults and the chronically ill to live longer and healthier lives and what Congress can do to ensure patients have access to this vital preventive health service.
- James C. Appleby, BSPharm, MPH, ScD (Hon), Chief Executive Officer, The Gerontological Society of America
- Phyllis Arthur, Vice President, Infectious Diseases and Diagnostics Policy, Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
- Stefan Gravenstein, MD, MPH, Professor of Health Services, Policy and Practice, Professor of Medicine, Brown University
- Gretchen Kreckel Garofoli, PharmD, BCACP, Clinical Associate Professor, West Virginia University
- Trini A Mathew, MD Infectious Diseases, Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI
For more information on ensuring older adults have the same access to vaccines other Americans, check out these resources:
AVAC consists of over 50 organizational leaders in health and public health that are committed to tackling the range of barriers to adult immunization and is raising awareness of the importance of adult immunization.